Warranty & Care Plan
OUR VOLUNTARY WARRANTY AND AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW
All AGD Precious Metals Manufactured products come with a voluntary manufacturer’s warranty. In addition to this, they come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. Please find the terms of AGD Precious Metals current voluntary warranty against defects and warranty period below as well as your rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
AGD JEWELLERY VOLUNTARY WARRANTY
Subject to the terms of this warranty, AGD Precious Metals offers a warranty against manufacturing defects for genuine AGD Precious Metals Manufactured items purchased from our retail store or online store at www.https://shop.agdpreciousmetals.com, for a period of six-months from the date of purchase (*Warranty Period*).
AGD Precious Metals will offer a repair (where possible) or replacement* for such genuine AGD Precious Metals Manufactured items exhibiting a manufacturing defect during the warranty period. If an identical replacement is not available, we will offer a replacement item of equivalent value. Certain exclusions set out below apply.
All AGD Precious Metals jewellery products come with a six-month care plan from day of purchase at no extra cost. You are invited to bring your jewellery along with your proof of purchase receipt to redeem your CARE PLAN.
These Services include:
Jewellery cleaning and inspection
Refinishing and polishing
White gold rhodium plating (Once in 6 months)
WHAT IS NOT COVERED?
Other than the Services listed above the AGD Precious Metals Care Plan does not cover:
Earring post repair
Repairs to chains and bracelets, including soldering and clasp replacement
Resetting diamonds and gemstones.
Accidental or deliberate physical damage
Damage due to: misuse; tampering; modifications not undertaken by us; alterations not undertaken by us; repairs not undertaken by us; or a failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions
Loss of stones or other parts of the covered product (unless caused by a manufacturing fault or defect)
Cosmetic damage from normal wear and tear including scratches, peeling and dents that do not impede the mechanical function of the product
Re-shanking of rings
Damage due to third-party actions or circumstances (for example fire, vandalism, theft etc.)
Flaws in gemstones
Any loss other than a covered breakdown of the product
Accessories used in conjunction with a covered product
Loss of use or any form of consequential damages
Damage that is covered under the Australian Consumer Law or by another warranty or service plan.
AGD Precious Metals does not take responsibility for lost jewellery.
AGD PRECIOUS METALS SALE
All AGD Precious Metals Manufactured, sale pieces are covered by a six-month manufacturing warranty. Pieces can only be deemed faulty by one of our jewellers upon physical assessment. All faults deemed as the result of wear and tear are not covered by this warranty.
EXCLUSIONS TO AGD’s WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECTS
• AGD Precious Metals warranty does not apply to items that have been handled by another company or person, damaged by accident or misuse.
• All metals will tarnish over time, but it will happen much faster if they have contact with agents such as perfume, salty air, sulphur, skin creams, hairspray, chlorine and acidic skin pH. The amount of tarnishing (oxidation) that occurs depends on your skin and jewellery care habits. Tarnishing due to the above reasons, is not covered under this warranty.
• Any repairs or modifications made to your AGD Precious Metals jewellery that are not performed by AGD Precious Metals will void the voluntary warranty.
WATCH VOLUNTARY WARRANTY
• AGD Precious Metals offers a warranty against manufacturing defects for genuine AGD Precious Metals items purchased from our retail store or online store at www.https://shop.agdpreciousmetals.com, for a period of three-months from the date of purchase (*Warranty Period*)
• The warranty does not cover damages such as scratches, finish, crystals, glass, Straps – leather, fabric or rubber, damage due to wear and tear, damage resulting from wear under conditions exceeding the watch manufacturer’s water resistance limitations, and damage due to physical and/or accidental abuse.
• All warranty repairs must be handled directly through AGD Precious Metals. Watches opened or repaired by any other source will void all warranties. AGD Precious Metals will cover all parts and labour or replace the watch at our discretion within the warranty period.
AGD Precious Metals voluntary warranty does not override your rights under Australian Consumer Law. AGD Precious Metals voluntary warranty provides benefits in addition to your other rights and remedies under the Australian Consumer Law or any other applicable consumer law in Australia; and does not exclude, restrict, modify, limit, replace or override your rights under the Australian Consumer Law, including the consumer guarantees.
Depending on the relevant circumstances, your rights under the Australian Consumer Law may continue to apply after the end of AGD Precious Metals voluntary warranty period.
*Note: You may have other rights and remedies (including the right to receive a refund) under the Australian Consumer Law. Depending on the relevant circumstances, your rights under the Australian Consumer Law may in some circumstances continue to apply after the end of AGD Precious Metals Warranty Period.
MAKING A WARRANTY CLAIM
To make a warranty claim, please take your jewellery and proof of purchase to Store.